ⅠGrammar and Vocabulary: (15%)
1. In selecting a material, the engineer’s interest is in its properties which determine how it will perform under the loads and condition ____ it is subject.
A. where B. which C. in which D. to which
2. To meet the ever increasing demand ____ oil-refining equipment, the company will produce more of such equipment.
A. of B. on C. with D. for
3. “The president made a brilliant decision, didn’t he?”
“Yes, he did. I don’t know what I would have done if I ____ to make that decision.”
A. were B. had had C. have had D. had
4. Animal mothers are devoted to their young and____ them with love and discipline.
A. mind B. watch C. help D. tend
5. The physicists propose that our attention ____ the use of special methods of thinking and acting.
A. would be directed towards B. should be directed towards
C. is directed towards D. directs towards
安庆师范学院外国语学院2008—2009学年度第二学期期末考试《基础英语 4 》试卷（F卷）
I.Grammar and Vocabulary (15%)
1. Jane is the only one of the students who ____ finished the assigned work.
A. have B. had C. has D. are
2. ____ and wage increases have not kept in step.
A. Production B. Product C. Produce D. Productivity
3. Such ____ the case, there were no grounds to justify your complaints.
A. was B. were C. being D. would be
4. ____ we will be ____ compete with the world’s strongest football team in a few years’ time.
A. On my money; at a position to B. For my dough, be enabled to
C. With my money; ready to D. For my money; in a position to
5. ____, I’ll marry him all the same.
A. Was he rich or poor B. Whether rich or poor
C. Were he rich or poor D. Be he rich or poor
6. I was awfully tired when I got home from work, but a half-hour nap ____ me.
A. revived B. released C. relieved D. recovered
7. Tom is not himself today. He ____ all day.
A. is being serious B. is serious C. was serious D. was being serious
5. 本站不保证提供的下载资源的准确性、安全性和完整性, 同时也不承担用户因使用这些下载资源对自己和他人造成任何形式的伤害或损失。