2008 National English Contest for College Students
(Level C--- Preliminary)
Part I Listening Comprehension (25 minutes, 30 marks)
Section A (5 marks)
In this section, you will hear five short conversations. At the end of each conversation, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be read only once. After each question, there will be a pause. During the pause, read the three choices marked A, B and C, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. A. To buy a newspaper. B. To find a chemist. C. To post a letter.
2. A. Their billing system has been efficient.
B. Their old billing system is outdated.
C. He’s unimpressed with the new billing system.
3. A. She’s been on vacation. B. She’s been at the grocery store.
C. She’s been on a business trip.
4. A. To go to the market. B. To have coffee. C. To have a discussion.
5. A. Changing a flight reservation. B. Canceling a hotel reservation.
C. Reserving an extra hotel room.
Section B (10 marks)
In this section, you will hear two long conversations. Each conversation will be read only once. At the end of each conversation, there will be a one-minute pause. During the pause, read the five questions, each with three choices marked A, B and C, and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
6. What’s Tania’s phone number?
A. 506-6178 B. 501-6678 C. 501-6687
7. Who is going shopping at Harrods?
A. Tania. B. Karl. C. Karl’s mother.
8. How is Tania going to get to Harrods?
A. On foot. B. By taxi. C. By tube.
9. Which street plan shows the way from the station?
A. B. C.
10. What kind of wine does Karl want?
A. Red Merlot. B. White Bordeaux. C. Rose Chianti.
5. 本站不保证提供的下载资源的准确性、安全性和完整性, 同时也不承担用户因使用这些下载资源对自己和他人造成任何形式的伤害或损失。