Section I: Structure and Vocabulary
Beneath each of the following sentences, there are four choices marked [A], [B], [C] and [D]. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET 1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the brackets with a pencil. (5 points)
I have been to the Great Wall three times ________ 1979.
The sentence should read, “I have been to the Great Wall three times since 1979.” Therefore, you should choose [D]
[A] [B] [C] [D]
1. As I’ll be away for at least a year, I’d appreciate ________ from you now and then telling me how everyone is getting along.
[B] to hear
[C] to be hearing
[D] having heard
2. Greatly agitated, I rushed to the apartment and tried the door, ________ to find it locked.
3. Doctors see a connection between increase amounts of leisure time spent ________ and the increased number of cases of skin cancer.
[A] to sunbathe
[B] to have sunbathed
[C] having sunbathed
4. Unless you sign a contract with the insurance company for your goods, you are not entitled ________ a repayment for the goods damaged in delivery.
5. On a rainy day I was driving north through Vermont ________ I noticed a young man holding up a sign reading “Boston”.
6. Christie stared angrily at her boss and turned a
5. 本站不保证提供的下载资源的准确性、安全性和完整性, 同时也不承担用户因使用这些下载资源对自己和他人造成任何形式的伤害或损失。