Teaching Plan for Unit 1, Book One
Section A: Learning a Foreign Language (4 hours)
Section B: Keys to Successful Online learning (2 hours)
The texts are used as inputs (for output), stimuli (for response), prompts (for thinking)
This unit is intended to introduce you to studying by computer. After learning it, Ss should be able to
1. understand the main idea (the author’s experiences of learning English and the way to learn a foreign language by using a computer) and structure of the text in Section A (three parts : Introduction, Body and Conclusion).
2. learn the way to write a paragraph of cause and effect.
3. master a reading skill: Finding out word meanings by using context clues and word part clues .
4. grasp the key language points and grammatical structures in the texts in Section A and B .
5. conduct a series of reading, listening, speaking and writing activities .
A Busy Weekday Morning
This unit explores the generation gap between young people and their parents. After finishing studying Section A, Ss should be able to
grasp the main idea (Young people and their parents might think quite differently on the same thing and seem to ignore what is important in each other’s worlds. This put them in separate worlds and creates the generation gap.)
understand the causes of the generation gap (lack of communication and understanding leads to the two different generations going separate directions) and try to bridge the gap.
be well-acquainted with the writing structure: Narration in Time Seque
5. 本站不保证提供的下载资源的准确性、安全性和完整性, 同时也不承担用户因使用这些下载资源对自己和他人造成任何形式的伤害或损失。