Unit 1 Good evening and welcome to ...
Script and Answers
1. A: May I have your attention, please? Thank you for coming. We’re very glad you could make it. Tonight we are celebrating an agreement between A&A Limited and M&N Technologies, Incorporated to participate in a joint venture. ... and so it is an honor to introduce Mr. Tony Blair, president of A&A Limited.
B: Thank you, Dr. Lawrence. It’s a pleasure to be here. Ladies and Gentlemen, we at A&A are also excited about ...
(Half an hour later)
A: Thanks a lot Mr. Blair for a remarkable speech. Thank you.
B: Thank you, Dr. Lawrence. Thank you for your time.
2. A: Hey, Nancy, is that you? I can’t believe it! Heard any good presentations?
B: Not one. None of them is my cup of tea. I’m bored to death.
A: Is that right? Why not?
B: You know, I’ve been working for over thirty years. There’s nothing new here. These presentations can’t tell me anything new. What’s worse is that tomorrow I’ll have a desk full of papers to work on. Say, you’ve just come back from the States, haven’t you?
3. A: Isn’t that the guy my son is crazy about? But I never knew his name.
B: He’s Larry King, the famous talk show host who is a household name. He always presents quite a variety of points of view when you listen to him.
A: But, I’ve really got a thing about some talk show hosts. They sometimes are very rude to those who have opposing ideas.
B: I usually enjoy listening to them. I particularly like it when a caller disagrees with the host. I like to hear how he will defend his ideas.
4. A: Say, Tom, I really enjoyed the piece you had in the paper last week. You’ve really worked your way up since I met you on Bob’s wedding day.
B: Thanks. I’m so flattered. But it’s always nice to have a pat on the back once in a while.
A: You deserve it. I can’t say that for all journalists, however.
B: I’m sorry to admit that many reporters are giving the profession a bad name.
5. A: Judy, I’d like you to meet our new business associate. He will be responsible for the project of “Golden Apple” program.
B: Pleased to meet you, Mr. Wang. I’m happy to say that the project is now well under way. But we still appreciate your cooperation.
C: The pleasure’s mine, Judy. Your work is wonderful.
B: Thank you for saying so. Would you please follow me to the office? The fellow workers are all waiting for us.
5. 本站不保证提供的下载资源的准确性、安全性和完整性, 同时也不承担用户因使用这些下载资源对自己和他人造成任何形式的伤害或损失。